Here’s the second terracotta orchid pot that I glazed. For this one, I decided to use a rabbit, because I wanted to use the brown slip. The texture on the rim of the pot is also due to the slip.
Although the green (It looks green on white clay) glaze I used for the rim and saucer was also supposed to have crystallization, I can’t see any here. I don’t know if that’s because of a bad batch of glaze, or because the crystals are all clumped in the bottom and wouldn’t come up (though it didn’t seem like that when I stirred) or because the slow cool wasn’t slow enough. I’m not disappointed. I’ve decided I don’t like the crystallization. It obscures the texture of the clay body.