Previous Next

Nov 14

Glass Ornaments

Just got my first ornaments out of the annealer from class.  The red one got blown a little too unevenly, but the red and yellow one looks pretty good.  Next week I should be able to post pictures of a really ugly bowl I made.

Nov 11

Finished Little Books

   I finally finished the little books I was working on. The last ones I made were for art journals for my sister and her friend, and the ones before that were for my daughters.  These are going to go to friends of mine, who don’t know they’re getting them.  It will be a surprise. …

Continue reading

Oct 29

Cloth Book Covers

I’ve made covers for two of the small books.  I used scraps of silk and see-through printed fabric, stitched together.  They still need to have end papers pasted in them (a tricky part for me) and I plan on decorating the edges of the papers with words, but they’re getting closer to done.

Oct 28

More Beads

Here are two more pictures of the beads I made in class.  Class is now over, but hotshop (glassblowing) starts next Tuesday.

Oct 22

More books

I’ve been practicing bookbinding.  So far I’ve learned that the crossover stitch (the fanned out one) looks fantastic but isn’t very tight.  I’ve also learned that wheat paste is excellent for paper-to-paper, but not so good for mull-to-spine as it’s not flexible.  I’ve got enough paper for at least two more books. When they’re done, …

Continue reading